Kalbar Operations has a current permanent full-time employment position available.
Kalbar Operations Pty Ltd is the owner of the Fingerboard Project, a significant Mineral Sands deposit.
The Fingerboard’s Project is located 20 kilometres northwest of Bairnsdale, in the Gippsland Region, South East Victoria.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and dependable finance professional to join a rapidly evolving company at an early stage. The role will be a permanent full-time position.
The Senior Financial/Project Accountant role will report to the Project Director (dotted line through to the Chief Financial Officer) and will be responsible for:
- Project cost control process management
- Coordination and preparation of monthly project expenditure reports and forecasts
- Ensuring proper project work breakdown structures are applied in budgeting, forecasting, recording and reporting project costs
- Working closely with the project development team members to maintain and correctly allocate and record commitments and actual expenditures
- Preparation of the weekly and monthly financial reports
- Monitoring budgets against actual performance and reporting major variances to management
- Maintenance of the general ledgers, accounting processes and internal accounting systems and controls
- Assisting with preparation of annual financial statements and audit
We are seeking a diligent professional who has a proven track record of achieving outstanding results in a high-pressure environment. You will have the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
To be considered for this role, as a minimum you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in commerce, accounting, business or other relevant fields
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Professional membership (CPA or CA)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective and clear communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience with ERP
- Experience in using Microsoft Office suite
- A strong attention to detail
- Effective report writing
- Prior experience in project accounting, Pronto ERP and mining/infrastructure projects experience will be looked upon favourably.
The position will be located in our head office in Bairnsdale, East Gippsland.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills. The successful applicant will join and be supported by a hardworking, close knit and friendly team.
Kalbar is committed to the principal of equal opportunity and provides a workplace where all employees are treated fairly, with respect, and where each person’s talent and contribution is maximised.
HOW TO APPLY
It is a condition that you acknowledge in your application that you have read the full position description linked here or by contacting Kalbar’s office on 03 5152 3130.
Please forward a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com or deliver your application by hand to 48 Bailey Street, Bairnsdale VIC 3875.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close at 5 pm, Friday 21 May 2021.