Welcome to our latest Project Bulletin
In this Bulletin you can read about:
- The independent Peer Review of Technical Studies for the Environment Effects Statement
- Our “drop-in” community consultation session on 11th & 12th December
- Information about the recently erected Kalbar billboard at Stratford
- Opportunities for Kalbar sponsorship
Independent peer review of Technical Studies
Key Technical Studies covering Air Quality, Water and Rehabilitation have undergone a process of peer review by independent experts appointed by DELWP.
Kalbar has been provided with recommendations from the peer review process which have been incorporated into additional investigations and final review of the studies.
Revision of the Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Emissions study, based on the peer review, has included:
- Incorporation of recent legislative changes (Environment Protection Amendment Act 2018).
- Revisions to background monitoring data to account for seasonal variations.
- Inclusion of best practice air quality monitoring and management from other mineral sands mines in Victoria.
- Further clarification of dust modelling results.
- Inclusion of measures to test water quality in water tanks at surrounding residences